Who we are
Study, research, passion...
StemNet is a federation among the four main associations of stem cell researchers
The Federation aims at encouraging:
- A shared scientific culture aimed at enhancing research and its impact on society in the areas of competence.
- The visibility of the impact that our societies have in the research and development of stem cells.
- The common position on specific aspects of research and clinical applications with stem cells proposing us as an useful national reference point.
- A critical and constructive relationship with the institutions in charge of funding to support and regulate both research and the most innovative therapeutic applications.
- Supervision and dissemination on funding opportunities in which the added value of the aggregation between associations is visible.
- The identification of common themes for the writing of scientific reviews among the members of the various associations, in order to disseminate, in a competent and shared way, positions debated in the scientific field. The current debate among scientists on how stem cells work in therapy is an example.
- Creating a network among research groups and proposing common scientific events.
President: Augusto Pessina (GISM)
Vice-President: Massimo Dominici (FiRST)
Secretary: Umberto Galderisi (SCRI)
Members: Enrico Lucarelli (GISM), Lorenza Lazzari (FIRST), Ornella Parolini (IPLASS), Francesco Alviano
(IPLASS), Roberta Piva (SCRI)
LOCAL ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
Maurizio Muraca, Michela Pozzobon
Alessandra Biffi - Department of Pediatrics, Director of Pediatric Oncohematology, University of Padua
Barbara Lukomska - NeuroRepair Department, Mossakowski Medical Research Centre, Warsaw, Poland
Bernd Giebel - Institute for Transfusion Medicine, University Hospital Essen, Germany
Daniela Melchiorri - Department of Pharmacology, University of La Sapienza, Rome
Eva Rohde - Paracelsus Medical, University Salzburg, Austria
Filippo Piccinini - Istituto Scientifico Romagnolo per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori (IRST) IRCCS, Meldola, Italy
Francisco J. Nicolás - Laboratorio de Regeneración, Hospital Universitario Virgen de la Arrixaca, Murcia, Spain
Franco Locatelli - Director of Consiglio Superiore di Sanità, Department of Oncohematology, Cell and gene therapy Department, IRCCS Pediatric Hospital Bambino Gesù, Rome
François Boussin - Institut de biologie François Jacob DRF, Institut F. Jacob, CEA Paris-Saclay, France
Giovanni Camussi - Department of Nephrology, University of Torino
Giulia Della Chiara - IBP Unit, Istituto Nazionale di Genetica Molecolare "Romeo ed Enrica Invernizzi", Department of Medical Biotechnology and Translational Medicine, Università degli Studi di Milano
Javer Garcia Castro - Head of Cellular Biotechnology Unit, Instituto de Salud Carlos II, Spain
Krisztina Buzas - Faculty of Dentistry, University of Szeged and Biological Research Center, Szeged, Hungary
Mari Dezawa - Department of Stem Cell Biology and Histology, Tohoku University, Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Mauro Giacca - Cardiovascular Department, Sciences in the School of Cardiovascular Medicine & Sciences, Kings College, London, UK
Nicola Elvassore - Department of Industrial Engineering, University of Padova
Rachele Ciccocioppo - Gastroenterology Unit, Department of Medicine, University of Verona
Renzo Pegoraro - Chancellor of Pontifical Academy for Life, Rome
Salvatore Simmini - Research & Development, STEMCELL Technologies, Cambridge Research Park , UK
Stefano Piccolo - Department of Molecular Medicine, University of Padua
Vera Martinella - Health Desk Manager, Corriere della Sera, Milan
Zoltan Vereb - Regenerative Medicine and Cellular Pharmacology Laboratory, Department of Dermatology and Institute of Translational Biomedicine, University of Szeged, Hungar